What is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound Marketing is the new way to gain new customers
- Instead of going out to gain new customers, inbound attracts customers to you through online channels
- It replaces traditional methods like direct mail, radio, TV, and email blasts.
- Less annoying to viewers because they come to you instead of interrupting them.
- Relies heavily on having a big effective online presence for your company
- People cannot ignore or block inbound marketing as easily as other traditional forms of marketing (DVR, spam blockers, junk mail, etc.)
How Inbound Marketing works
- A company puts general and product specific information out in different online spheres (Blog, social media, company website, etc.)
- Using good professional website design and content, customers or potential customers can get drawn in and can subscribe or sign up to make them returning customers as well.
- The more people view your content, the more information about your company spreads throughout social media and the blogosphere
- Another plus is the more popular your network is, the higher it appears within search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.)
How Can Inbound Marketing Help My Business?
Most importantly, it helps you get found
- Having an effective online presence helps get your name out there and to attract new customers and leads from many different places
- Increases SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to help people find you and your information much easier by putting your links higher on search engines
- Can be found in the blogosphere as well, can provide industry specific information via blog to people to get your name out. Also, it creates a personal touch by starting conversations through comments on bogs with readers.
- Another great place to get found is on social media, these sites are the number one activity on the internet making the market a lot bigger. Plus, if people share your posts and information on social media, it is essentially free advertising. The biggest and most important sites to get found on would be Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- By keeping things simple and nurturing leads, eventually they are most likely to become customers
- put out compelling, simple, accurate and visual content makes leads want to return and the more they return, the more likely they are to become customers.
- Making an option to subscribe and/or make an account for your company’s blog, website, and social media pages
Inbound and social media marketing is the wave of the future, put this information into practice!