Example One: Netflix
- This page posts a lot of attention-getting pictures, as well as other intriguing media (trailers, videos, and ads)
- The Netflix page posts announcements of new shows and movies which can bring a lot of return viewers, as well as draw in potential new customers.
- This page also utilizes facebook contests to engage followers and bring in new ones (http://www.omaze.com/experiences/robin-wright?utm_source=social-twitter-celeb&utm_medium=post-experiencepreview&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=cancer-domestic&oa_h=5cfiqx)
- Netflix also utilizes the About tab to inform people but also to promote business through their accomplishments. Under the About tab it says “Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 44 million members in more than 40 countries” and also “For one low monthly price, Netflix members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen”. This type of post informs people, while at the same time, sells to them.
Example Two: Walmart
- Something that makes the Walmart page good is the fact that they post very often, almost everyday. Each day is not the same either, they post different deals with different types of media like pictures and videos.
- Something that is unique to the Walmart page is that they engage customers and allow their voices to be heard through the page. On the left tab they have comments from people who post to the page displayed. Most of these posts are negative experiences and thoughts towards the company, but they have created open communication and can work on fixing these problems after hearing them directly from customers.
- Another thing the Walmart page does well is the use of their cover photo, They have pictures of kids and families having fun, which instantly promotes the fact that they are “family oriented”.
Example Three: Macy’s
- The Macy’s facebook page uses facebook apps for their business page that can not only help their business customer-wise, but also to find employees with the Open Jobs App. This App allows potential employees to see every open job from all the different Macy’s locations.
- Another thing that Macy’s does well is cross-promotion in their ads. Almost every ad they post is an idea for entire outfits as opposed to one item of clothing that is on sale. The ads also don’t have prices, just ideas from their product selection that can be found by customers in store.
Click the provided links to understand more about why these are good examples of business Facebook pages!