What is Pinterest?
- It is currently the fastest growing social networking site.
- Pinterest is a virtual pin board, in other words a place where people can pin interesting material, ideas, pictures, videos, promotions, etc.
- One “pin” is an individual post on Pinterest, usually an image
- A pin board is a collection of pins, these boards are usually divided into different topics or themes. Each pin then relates back to the subject of that board.
- Users can follow individual boards or other users.
- Re-pinning is basically sharing someone else’s pin to your pin board, this helps users to create connections and to diversify their content.
- Each pin can create a link back to it’s original source
- The most popular information for Pinterest users is new creative ideas and DIY (do it yourself) projects.
- Also, the largest market of Pinterest users are female
How do I use Pinterest for Business?
There are important steps to take on and off of the Pinterest page to create a following and generate business.
- To create a Pinterest business account, go to https://business.pinterest.com/en and click “join as a business”
- To maximize the “about” page use about 160 characters and strong keywords throughout.
- Pinterest can be used for business-to-customer companies, as well as Business-to-business.
- Create interesting content, do not just promote yourself or your product/service, most Pinterest users are there to learn something new and to be entertained.
- Use #hashtags to join in/start discussions on subjects and to make your content more search-friendly.
- A business Pinterest page should showcase the personality of the company, as well as the lifestyle and brand you are attempting to promote.
- Try running contests and focus groups to bring attention to your pages and receive feedback from followers.
- create several pin boards each related differently to your business and/or the lifestyle of the business.
2. Off page
- Add Pinterest follow buttons to your company website (along with the other social media buttons).
- Promote your Pinterest presence through other social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Add Pin it buttons to content on all of your websites and social media posts to make it easy for followers to share your content everywhere (one click).
- Follow users that you wish to have follow you back, create conversations with them by commenting on their pins, re-pinning their content and of course, liking their pins.
Put these steps into action to increase your online presence and generate new leads/customers!